Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Last Book I Finished in 2012!

72.  The White Road, John Connolly
I read this one hella out of order - I think it comes third or fourth in the Charlie Parker chronology.  I kind of wish I HAD read them in order, though, because then the explicitness of the supernatural in the later books might not have bugged me.  This one was quite good, one of Connolly's strongest; I do love it when Connolly gets down and dirty in the South, and The White Road takes place in Charleston, South Carolina, and is just as hot, sweaty and claustrophobic as the setting suggests.  An interesting look at internalized racism and institutional violence.

I'm going to do a reflection post after this, with a complete list and star rating for everything I read this year.  I also have to decide what my reading resolution is for 2013 - I don't think it'll be quite as strict, but I have enjoyed the amount of reading I got done in 2012, and this blog is easier to update with a goal in mind, so I'll  figure something out.  I hope everyone read some good stuff last year, and continue to do so in 2013!

No comments: