Saturday, December 6, 2008

Prologue

My name is Martha, and I'm an English student. I like reading. I read a lot of books. I'd like to tell you about the books I read.

There are blogs about a lot of things. There are even blogs about books - I'm not exactly being original here, but I'm ok with that. I feel like the internet can always use another positive influence, and hey, I like books.

My goal here is to brief you on books you may not have already read before. I'd like to stick to books that are a little off the beaten path - no Oprah's Book Club of New York Times bestsellers here. Well, there may be NYT bestsellers, but they won't be there when I read them. At least, that's the hope. People can always use recommendations, and unknown books can always use promotion, even if it's from a new, unknown blog. So everyone wins! Yay!

Posts will, in all likelihood, not show up on a scheduled basis, but rather as I finish reading books. I tend to read pretty quickly, so most likely you can expect updates weekly, or about that often.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Good luck with your new blog! I like historical fiction and biographies too.